Situated in the natural beauty of the Tugela River Mouth in KwaZulu-Natal, Sensayuma Backpackers is a unique luxury establishment where one can escape everyday life while overlooking a magnificent panoramic view of the sea, Tugela River and rolling hills.
As a luxury backpackers, Sensayuma strives to provide the ultimate backpacking experience with spacious, comfortable and intricately decorated rooms. All rooms have en-suite bathrooms with hot high pressure showers and fans to keep you cool.
The accommodation includes a range of rooms, each boasting its own unique style. From the double Nguni Room which sports the theme of the local indigenous Nguni Cow of Zululand, the Tree Tops room with spectacular views and its own sliding door opening up onto the poolside deck, and the Indian-style Garden Tee Pee which is spacious, equipped with plug points and luxurious finishings, Sensayuma has something to cater to every individual.
Guests can enjoy delicious meals and an ice cold beer on the top deck while admiring the splendour of the Indian Ocean. Sensayuma caters to all tastes and dietary requirements, and uses their own vegetables and herbs from the garden. They often braai local meat or freshly caught fish, making for a lively atmosphere and fun evening.
Follow the forest path from the garden gate to the unspoilt beach or enjoy a refreshing cocktail at the Sensa Tiki Beach Bar. There are several things that can keep guests entertained in this stunning part of the world.
- Take a guided tour to two local Nature Reserves and see some of the plentiful game while you hike through these beautiful protected areas.
- Learn about the Zulu Culture and History and experience a bit of local life on one of their guided excursions.
- Surf some un-crowded waves in the warm Indian Ocean.
- Get the blood flowing with some watersport action with water skiing, wake boarding, tube riding and skurfing day trips.
- Paddle up the river or down some rapids on our guided river tours.
- Explore deep into the wilderness with their quad bike tours and find some secret spots.
- Laze around the swimming pools soaking up the sun.
- Browse through the beach shop and buy some handcrafted jewelry.
- Play a round of pool or table tennis.
- Have a nap in one of the many hammocks in the garden.
- Curl up with a book from the library.
- Slide down the epic slip and slide.
Whether you seek an adventurous visit or peaceful stay, Sensayuma is a hidden gem that caters to every taste. From the moment you arrive you are warmly welcomed, to the moment you pack your bags, a visit to this unique and sensational luxury backpackers will leave a lasting impression.
+27 (0)82 879 2915