The SAACI Tshwane Branch, in association with the Harvard Club South Africa and with the support of the Tshwane Tourism Association is hosting a 1940’s Fly Boys & Gals Branch Event on Friday, 15 September 2017 at the oldest operational air force base in the world, AFB Swartkop, Pretoria.
With a maximum capacity of 200 guests, we are reaching this number sooner than anticipated. If you have not yet booked for this exciting event, at which you will stand a chance to fly in a Harvard, do so now to secure one of the last available tickets. Event bookings will close once we have reached capacity. Do not regret missing out on a very special afternoon filled with history of a bygone era, adrenaline and street food of the time. We have no doubt that you will be hearing about this event from colleagues and friend for months to come!
Cost: R200 per person. (VAT Inclusive) Click Here To Register.
10 exciting reasons to book for this event:
- Visit the oldest operational air force base in the world. You’ll have the opportunity to look with new eyes at a true “Treasure of Tshwane” (SAACI Tshwane Branch event theme);
- Visit some very unique exhibits in the SAAF Museum (currently closed to all civilians);
- View the historic 80 year old Harvard aircraft in action, formally declared and listed as National Aviation Heritage items;
- The Harvard demonstration flights will feature in-cockpit commentary by retired SAA Snr Captain on Boeing 747s and former Chairperson of the Experimental Aircraft Association of SA, Karl Jensen;
- Meet special guests, former Chiefs of the SA Air Force, Lt Gen Michal Muller (Ret.) SSAS SD, Lt Gen Denis John Earp (Ret.) SSA SD SM SOE, Lt Gen Willem Hechter (Ret) SSA SD SM MMM, Lt Gen Carlo Gagiano (Ret.) SM MMM and the Harvard Club Patron Maj Gen Winston Thackwray (Ret.) SM MMM;
- Learn from the research conducted on attraction promotion, done by UNISA’s 2017 Cum Laude Masters Graduate in Tourism Management;
- Network and engage with industry stakeholders at the first SAACI Tshwane Branch function hosted in conjunction with the Tshwane Tourism Association in an authentic 1940’s setting;
- Enjoy ‘old-school’ eats & treats for both tummy and ears;
- After you have booked and paid, download the event mobile app that will give you direct access to all other guests, information, speaker and programme details, see what fellow guests are saying on social media, receive notifications first during the event; and interact with the event sponsors;
- Support the museum financially to maintain the aircraft – a portion of your booking fee will go directly toward the museum fund.