The Event Greening Forum (EGF) held its AGM on Monday, 26 February 2018, at the Meetings Africa event pavilion in Exhibition Hall 2 of the Sandton Convention Centre. On the agenda was the election of new committee members for 2018.
Aside from the EGF’s founding member associations who each have a reserved seat on the EGF committee, all other committee members are elected for a two year period. The two years are staggered so that each year half of the seven elected committee members stand down. This process creates an opportunity for new EGF members to get involved in the strategic functioning of the organisation, bringing with them fresh ideas and new expertise in both greening and events.
Congratulations to the following people for their election on to the EGF’s 2018 committee:
- Chad Botha (Inspire Furniture)
- Greg McManus (Heritage Environmental Management Company)
- Lisa Jade Merven (GingerBiscuit)
In addition, the following people were co-opted on to the committee:
- Justin Hawes (Scan Display Solutions)
- Gary van der Watt (ReSource Design)
- Gavin Burgess (Ultimate Data Sciences)
They will be joining the following, existing committee members:
- Grace Stead (Steadfast Greening)
- Lynn McLeod (individual member)
- Morwesi Ramonyai (Borena Energy)
- Neo Mohlatlole (7 Colours Communications)
- Doug Rix (EXSA)
- Tshifhiwa Tshivhengwa (Fedhasa)
- Janet Landey (IFEA Africa)
- Helen Brewer (The MICE Academy)
- Rudi van der Vyver (SAACI)
- Tim Jones (SACIA/TPSA)
- Bernard Sebothoma (SA Roadies)
- Hannlie du Toit (SATSA)
We would like to extend a warm welcome to our new and returning committee members, and thank them for the passion and dedication they are investing into the EGF and its efforts to transform the South African business events industry into a more sustainable model.