Major changes, brand new attractions and larger-than-life enhancements will be the order of the day at this year’s Markex Gauteng 2013. Set to hit Jozi during one of the coldest periods in the city, Markex is preparing to turn up the heat for the South African marketing, promotions and special events industry.
Taking place from 11 to 13 June, Markex is the industry’s best opportunity to connect face-to-face and get to grips with the latest trends, products and innovations. So what’s in store at this year’s show?
• With the new Markex website functionality, visitors can enhance their experience by planning their visit in advance, identifying specific exhibitors to visit and scheduling demonstrations, seminars and competitions into their calendar. By joining the Markex Online User Zone, visitors can add exhibitors and activities to a personalised show planner, guaranteeing a worthwhile and valuable visit to the show.
• The Integrated Marketing Village, supported by the Digital Media and Marketing Association (DMMA) takes the successful concept of the Digital Media Village to the next level, giving a voice and stage to every aspect of the marketing mix, including public relations, events, advertising, out of home, branding, and more.
• The Markex Enterprise Zone provides an exciting new platform for SMMEs in the marketing, promotions and special events industry to showcase their products and services, bringing a new dimension to the show and contributing to the development of small businesses.
• Some positive disruptions will be the order of the day at the show this year. Markex Gauteng has partnered with award-winning activation and event agency, Maverick, to provide a host of innovative add-ons to the Markex visitor and exhibitor experience. The pop-up fashion shows which will take place randomly in Hall 1 will add an element of surprise to the visitor experience, with promoters, gadgets and interactive audience engagement elements contributing to the wow factor.
• Technology Islands will create cutting edge, mind-blowing technical effects, wizardry, projections, holograms, touch-screens and content that has to be seen to be believed!
• Markex 2013 has also partnered with BizAssist.co.za who, in collaboration with Konica Minolta, will execute an exhibitor business centre where exhibitors will have access to a full range of business services such as colour printing and copying, including editorial compilation for 4000 daily show news sheets and electronic newsletters.
Old favourites have been enhanced…
• Loerie Awards Travelling Exhibition, a roadshow that will showcase the winning work of the 2012 Loerie Advertising Awards.
• The USB Speakers Pavilion is being given a facelift to add greater value for visitors. This attraction provides a stage for the presentation skills of South Africa’s and some international top professional business speakers and MCs in an enclosed theatre on a first-come, first-served basis.
Two shows in one…
• The Promotional Gifts and Clothing Trade Show powered by Markex will now be bigger than ever, with an entire hall at the comfortable disposal of exhibitors and visitors. This show is accessible only to bona fide trade buyers and resellers, giving wholesalers and resellers an opportunity to conduct business in a personalised and exclusive setting. Entry will be ‘by invitation only’ from exhibitors in this area of the show. Visitors in the Promotional Gifts and Clothing Trade Show will be allowed access into the Markex World of Events in Hall 2.
• The lower exhibition level, Markex World of Events is open to all visitors within the marketing industry and has been expanded strategically in 2013, featuring all the attractions that have become synonymous with Markex.