The City of Johannesburg pays tribute to the memory of its un-equalled resident, gallant fighter and Father of the Nation and legacy of the most loved and celebrated resident, Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela.
We are fully aware that a number of memorial services, tributes and ceremonies, are being held throughout the country. The city has always had an emotional association with the great son of the soil, over and above him being its resident.
In recognition of the desire of all of us to pay tribute, the city is making available a number of parks as mourning sites. the City invites all residents to go to these parks and be part of programmes to honour, mourn and celebrate Madiba. The programmes will be on Wednesday 11 December and Thursday 12 December.
The parks are the following:
- Ivory Park – Region A
- Diepsloot Park – Region B
- Diepkloof Extreme makeover park – Region D
- Orlando west Park – Region D
- Thokoza Park – Region D
- Innesfree Park – Region E
- Joubert Park – Region F
- Rose Park – Region D
- Orange Farm Regional Park – Region G
- Krematart Park- Eldorado Park – Region D
- Tanzania Park- Cosmo City – Region C