The Coca-Cola dome has, over the past year enhanced its reputation for offering unsurpassed service excellence in the event and exhibition sector. In 2013 alone, the venue hosted many successful events, and the number of visitors and foot traffic through the facility exceeded 650 000.
The Coca-Cola dome hosted award-winning exhibition in at the 2013, namely:
- Best Consumer Exhibition 6001 – 12000 m2– Exposure Marketing: Mama Magic at Coca-Cola Dome; •
- Best Consumer Exhibition 12000 m2 & Over (Certificate of Excellence) – Wild Blue Media: rAge at Coca-Cola Dome; •
- Best Consumer Exhibition 12000 m2 & Over – The Homemakers Fair: Gauteng HOMEMAKERS Expo at Coca-Cola Dome;
- Best Trade Exhibition 3001 – 6000 m2 (Certificate of Excellence)- Thebe Reed Exhibitions & Sun Circle Publishers: MediaTech at Coca-Cola Dome;
- Best Trade & Consumer Exhibition 6001 – 12000 m2 – Specialised Exhibitions: Grand Designs Live at Coca-Cola Dome.
Other highlights for 2013
- The venue was listed in the Guinness book of World Records for the third time – this time it was for the most pet food collected at the Pet&Me Expo
- A Gold Award was received in the PMR Africa Awards: Event and Entertainment category
- Thebe Reed Venue Management t/a Coca-Cola dome was recognised in the Top 500 South Africans Best Managed Companies List as one of the top five companies in the Exhibition & Conference Facilities sector.
“We know our customers always receive a world class event experience at the Coca-Cola dome, and that is something we are very proud of.” says Warren Green, Commercial Manager of the Coca-Cola dome.
Due to their excellent organisational and service skills, the Coca-Cola dome hosted five successful concerts within six days in the first week of December. Kicking off with the Dave Matthews Band, followed by the Jacaranda 94.2 and Spar Carols by Candlelight, Maxwell and two Nickelback performances.
The life of Nelson Mandela was also remembered: Maxwell dedicated his performance to Madiba, and Nickelback paid tribute to the great man with a video montage. While the Coca Cola dome mourns his loss, we have also been able to celebrate the phenomenal man he was, and his legacy to us.
The Coca Cola dome wraps up this busy year as Extreme Fighting Championship AFRICA returns to the Coca-Cola dome for the final and biggest event of the season. The venue will host the monumental EFC AFRICA heavyweight trilogy championship fight on 12 December.