It time that you lose that back-breaking events binder. SA Conference brings you the best apps that will make your smartphone into a virtual meeting binder.
This is the app for the professional event planner. It provides a variety of planning tools, including calculators for venue capacity, staffing, catering, staging, projection and dance floor as well as useful tips in several areas.
- Calculate venue capacity for 15 different seating configurations, including banquet, classroom, theatre, reception, conference and exhibit. Includes “comfy” and “snug” calculations for several configurations.
- Enter your desired capacity in a specific seating configuration and it tells you how big a room you need.
- Both feet and meters can be used.
- Dance floor size calculator.
Food and beverage
- Price Converter, from “inclusive (of tax and gratuity)” to “plus plus”. Factors in whether gratuity is taxed or not. Works in reverse as well.
- Calculates number of hors d’oeuvres needed for various events.
- Calculates number of drinks needed for various events.
- Chart lists number of drinks per bottle for wine, champagne, 750 ml liquor and litre liquor.
- Table chart listing linen sizes needed for each table size, as well as how many people fit at each one.
- Diagram of formal place setting.
- Calculator for number of waiters based on five different service styles.
- Calculator for number of bartenders needed.
- Calculator for number of check-in staff needed.
- Projection seating calculator for how close first and last row of seats should be based on your screen size.
- Projection Space calculator for how much space needed between projector and screen. Provides a basic calculation, as well as an advanced calculation (based on focal length and projector depth).
- Staging diagram, showing locations for stage left/right, upstage/downstage, house left/right.
- Stage height calculator.
- 13 Powerpoint/Keynote design tips.
- 15 Projection tips
Cost: R80 on Apple R99 on Android
An easy-to-use app that helps you remember everything across all of your Apple, android and pc. Also synchronises across devices.you use. Stay organised, save your ideas and improve your productivity. Evernote lets you take notes, capture photos, create to-do lists, record voice reminders and make these notes completely searchable. Cost: Free
Keep all your photos, documents and videos in one place and share them easily. Access any file you save to your Dropbox from all your computers, smartphones and even the Dropbox website. Cost: Free
By far the most beautiful word processor you will ever see on a mobile device. This powerful device has been exclusively designed for Apple devices. Create, edit and view documents wherever you are. Pages works with iCloud, so your documents stay up-to-date on all your devices. Cost: R80
Built for Apple, Numbers is the most innovative app ever designed for a mobile device. The app lets you make compelling spreadsheets in minutes, with tables, photos and graphics, using just your fingers. Numbers works with iCloud, keeping all your spreadsheets up-to-date. Cost: R80
This is the best-selling note-taking Apple app. Notability is so powerful that it will transform how you work, sketch ideas, annotate documents, sign contracts, complete worksheets, keep journals, jot travel notes, teach a class, make a presentation and much more. With iCloud support, your notes stay up-to-date on all your devices. Cost: R80