- A BUSINESS CAPITAL Despite being the smallest province, Gauteng has a population over 10 million and is the economic powerhouse of South Africa. According to Gauteng.net, “Gauteng has the highest population density, highest disposable income and highest contribution to the national GDP. With such impressive stats it is no wonder why business tourism and MICE industries are booming in Gauteng.”
- ORIGINS OF HUMANKIND With over 440 attractions in the Cradle of Humankind, business travellers and conference delegates will be spoilt with choice. A visit to the Origins Centre will reveal the largest collection of rock art in the world with what is believed to be some of the first images made by humans in South Africa.
- FREEDOM STRUGGLE Delegates can tour Constitution Hill or Liliesleaf Farm, where Nelson Mandela and other political heroes once held secret meetings, or visit Freedom Park and the Apartheid Museum. A day in Soweto is a must with stops at Hector Pieterson Museum and Memorial, Nelson Mandela’s former home in Vilakazi Street and finally a shebeen.
- WORLD-CLASS VENUES Gauteng boasts world-class conference venues that can cater for small to very large events be they in major centres or in the bush. Venues range from conference centres to facilities at accommodation establishments and educational institutions. Whatever event needs you have, you will find the perfect venue.
- GREAT TRANSPORT It’s easy to get to and around Gauteng. According to Gauteng.net, “About 70 international airlines fly to OR Tambo International Airport, where the Gautrain offers a fast transfer to major centres”. Transport includes coaches, buses, car hire, hotel shuttles and taxis.
- THE PEOPLE Gauteng is a true melting pot of culture. Delegates will experience the heartbeat of the people through the many art and craft establishments. Your guests and delegates will be attended to by friendly staff.
- INNOVATIVE ENVIRONMENT From mine dumps, to bush, rivers and roof tops, Gauteng’s unique landscape is perfect for unique team building activities.
- INCENTIVES DESTINATION With five-star luxury accommodation, one of the largest man-made forests, lakes and rivers, nature reserves, botanical gardens and a mountain range on its doorstep, Gauteng offers many opportunities for unforgettable incentive destinations.
For more visit Gauteng.net