Working in collaboration with the French Institute of South Africa (IFASA) and the Délégation Générale des Alliance Françaises (DGAF) The Forum Company is proud to announce that this year The Week of Taste will be hosted at the modern urban, city chic venue Turbine Hall in Newtown.
Renowned French Chef, Thibaud Renard is flying to South Africa to join forces with The Forum Company’s Puleng Moshoaliba to explore their creative culinary talents to create an unforgetable dining experience. Using the freshest South African ingredients these two culinary talents will showcase a taste of France at this unique 4-handed Diner Gourmand.
Chef at the famous Goumard in Paris, Thibaud Renard discovered at an early age his passion for cooking and cuisine. At just 18 years old, Thibaud moved to Paris and started working at The Arôme, under the direction of Mr Thomas Boullault, a Michelin star chef. He was then hired by the hotel’s restaurant Ambassador, 16 Haussmann, and continued at the Georges V’s restaurant (3 Star Michelin) with Philippe Legendre, (Meilleur Ouvrier de France). From this very strong background of training he joined Goumard, a centenary institution that specialises in seafood, and was promoted at the age of 23 as Chef of the restaurant. Characterized by a wish to serve the best produce without gimmicks, his cuisine is renewed every two months incorporating seasonal produce.
- Kudu tartare with corn Chantilly
- Vegetarian – trio of vegetable mousse with Roquefort & poppy seed crackers
- Rillettes of local trout with winter citrus greens, ceviche of Xeres marinated line fish
- Vegetarian – mushroom and bean pate with winter citrus greens Nut Xeres vinaigrette
- Celery granite with citrus
- Tournedo of Karan beef fillet with grand veneur sauce served with “boer pampoen” terrine and pea puree
- Vegetarian – pumpkin ravioli with pea puree and korma sauce
- Almond, praline cream, grilled and caramelized hazelnut “dacquoise”