The Riverside Sun hotel is a naturally beautiful venue spread out along the banks of the majestic Vaal River, with immaculate gardens and perfectly landscaped lawns sloping down to the water’s edge. Conveniently located only 45 minutes from Johannesburg, the hustle and bustle of the nearby city feel distant and guests are able to fully experience the tranquility and country atmosphere. .
After a four month hiatus, the 169 room Riverside Sun hotel reopened early in September with even more thrilling and unique choices to enthrall guests. These are only some of the ‘roles’ that the Riverside Sun plays to perfection:
- Well-known as the ideal family holiday destination, the Riverside Sun hotel understands what younger guests need to enjoy their stay, and what parents need to relax. The kids will be overjoyed at the various outdoor activities, and build up a healthy appetite for the excellent buffet dining options, including home-made pizza courtesy of the new pizza oven in the restaurant.
- Looking for a tranquil getaway to spend some much needed quality time with your loved one? From the moment you drive through the porte-cochère, you are surrounded by calm and tranquility combined with professionalism and an atmosphere of utter serenity. Riverside Sun has the perfect surroundings to effortlessly connect with the one you love, strolling hand in hand through the beautifully manicured gardens, or enjoying the view of the river from a quant garden bench under the luscious Willow trees. The viewing deck is the perfect venue for romantic afternoon cocktails before enjoying a candle-lit dinner.
- The new Wine Cellar at Riverside Sun will make you question all your preconceived ideas of the perfect venue for an exclusive dinner, be it for a birthday event, a client dinner or a wine tasting. Modelled on the Gordon Ramsey’s wine bar in London, the Riverside Sun Wine Cellar seats 40 people comfortably and will make you feel as if you have been transported to the Cape Winelands. Underpinned by delicious cuisine and excellent wines, the Wine Cellar is the ‘Exclusive’ in any exclusive event.
- Looking forward to some fun in the sun with friends? Besides the various outdoor activities on the river and the soft green lawns, guests can now enjoy a more personal experience on the river. The Riverside Sun’s Liquid Lounge boat glides through the majestic Vaal River, while you enjoy good conversation with friends over cocktails, or even dinner.
- The obvious solution to special events such as weddings, anniversary dinners and birthday celebrations, the Riverside Sun has many options to make your event memorable. Dining on the lawns under the stars, dancing with that special someone on the banks of the river or lounging on cushions in a Bedouin tent whilst enjoying a variety of delicious eats, the opportunities are endless.
- Business and corporate guests are spoilt for choice at the Riverside Sun. With only a short drive from Johannesburg, the Riverside Sun provides businesses with the opportunity to host clients or team events in a country setting where they can focus and concentrate on the issues at hand, although ‘just around the corner’ from their offices. With 11 conference venues and numerous team building activities on offer, the benefits of a business event at the Riverside Sun includes convenience at a fraction of the price, mouthwatering cuisine, various dinner venue options and comfortable spacious accommodation.