Each picnic basket will contain a bottle of Spier Méthode Cap Classique Brut to toast the occasion, as well as gourmet salads, a fresh baguette and cheese, pastured-reared charcuterie, roast beef and chicken from Spier’s Farmer Angus, and a decadent chocolate mousse.
Each picnic basket costs R750 per couple and is available for collection from 18:00. Book yours on www.spier.co.za/events.
Other ways to spoil your loved one:
- The Spier Farm Café will be open until 20:00, where you can enjoy the normal delicious fare as well as a few specials – such as two glasses of bubbly and six oysters, or a Valentine’s Day chocolate mousse for two with two glasses of Signature wine or MCC, both for only R150. Arrive early as there are no reservations.
- Vadas Smokehouse & Bakery will also be offering its Chef’s Platter with a complimentary glass of Spier bubbly for R395 per person. Book on www.vadas.co.za.
- Book into the Spier Hotel for Friday 14 February, for R1449 per person per night sharing. Or, if you’d like to stay longer, book a two-night weekend getaway for R1 549 per person per night sharing and get spoilt with some additional romantic extras. These have a combined valued of R950, and include:
- Dinner for two: A candlelit feast in the hotel restaurant on Saturday 15 February.
- A bottle of Spier Secret Sparkling: For when it’s time for turn-down.
- A chocolate and wine pairing for two: Enjoy Spier’s acclaimed vintages perfectly paired with decadent chocolate treats at the Wine Tasting Room.
Use the code VALENTINE when booking your accommodation at www.spier.co.za/hotel to qualify for this special.
By choosing Spier, you are supporting Spier’s Growing for Good learning initiatives that empower communities to create positive social and environmental change.