If you missed the powerful and positive webinar on South Africa’s international inbound tourism recovery, don’t worry… it was recorded!
The session highlighted the following 5 points:
- Government and Private-Sector have partnered on one Tourism Recovery Strategy.
- South Africa’s opening to international tourists hinges on robust health and safety protocols which have been developed, approved and are being rolled out.
- The data-driven Tourism Recovery Strategy sets a date as close to 1 September as possible, based on a phased approach.
- South Africa and its tourism assets are ideal for travel in a time of COVID-19.
- We need to create an enabling environment for tourism when we can eventually open, e.g. strong tourism-friendly visa regime.
- Tshifhiwa Tshivhengwa, CEO Tourism Business Council South Africa (TBCSA)
- David Frost, CEO Southern African Tourism Services Association (SATSA)
- Margie Whitehouse, Wesgro
- Monika Iuel, Private Safaris
- Rob More, MORE Family Collection