The Global Travel & Tourism Resilience Council, in partnership with Jacobs Media Group and FINN Partners, is hosting a second virtual destination summit to explore how destinations around the world are dealing with the challenges and opportunities that the COVID-19 pandemic has created.
Eight sessions will run throughout the day (on Wednesday, 08 July 2020), and include sessions on Europe, Asia, the Middle East, Africa and the Americas. Each panel will take an in-depth look at the different destinations, to see what is working and how their tactics differ.
The African session will be moderated by Jillian Blackbeard, CEO of Victoria Falls Regional Tourism Association, and she will be joined by a panel of senior travel leaders including:
- H.E. Najib Balala, Minister of Tourism and Wildlife, Kenya
- Dr Taleb Rifai, Chairman, African Tourism Board, Project Hope Covid-19 Task Force; former Secretary General, UNWTO
- H.E. Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane, Minister of Tourism, South Africa
- H.E. Madame Pratt, Minister of Tourism, Sierra Leone
The session will explore:
- The current situation in destination considering COVID-19, including how the public and private sectors have worked together for the ultimate good of the industry
- Each country’s phased approach to opening the country’s tourism sector
- Each country’s approach to sustainability and impact it will have domestically and for the region
This event consist of a series of pre-recorded sessions, distributed via email to those who register their interest by completing the form here.