City Lodge Hotel Group has implemented a contactless online check-in for its guests as another way to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission. Much as passengers can check-in online for a flight, guests will be able to manage their own hotel check-in via the group’s website or mobile app.Once guests have completed the online check-in, they need to present their reservation number and identity document to the receptionist, who will then issue them with an access key card for their room.
“CLHG Rewards members will have an even quicker and simpler check-in process, while also earning points for their stay.”How the check-in works:
- Online check-in opens from 08h00 on the day of arrival.
- Start by clicking online check-in tab at the top right of the clhg.com home page, which will cause a pop-up screen to open.
- Bookings must be prepaid. If this hasn’t been done, guests will be directed to the payment gateway before being able to proceed with the online check-in process.
- Guests are required to upload a copy of their identity document. (It will be securely stored.)
- CLHG Rewards members will have an even quicker and simpler check-in process, while also earning points for their stay.
Other areas of the hotels that have gone contactless are the restaurants and bars, where QR codes have replaced communal menus.
“Our staff is trained on new procedures and protocols, and we remain open to discussing any aspects of their stay that guests may be unsure of.”For more information on the groups Covid-19 hygiene and safety protocols, visit clhg.com/covid-19. Lindiwe adds, “We understand that business and leisure travellers and their families need additional reassurance that they may now travel safely, and we are keen to demonstrate how we deliver on this commitment in our hotels. Our staff is trained on new procedures and protocols, and we remain open to discussing any aspects of their stay that guests may be unsure of.”