“India and the African sub-continent have a long history of productive collaboration, and with the economic stagnation that has resulted from the Covid-19 pandemic, it’s vital that we enter into bilateral discussions around potential areas of growth,” said Roberta Naicker, Group Managing Director, ABN Group.
This is the purpose behind the first-ever Virtual Indo-Africa Summit, which will be held online (on Hopin) from 04-06 November. The event will highlight opportunities for collaboration within finance, geopolitics, infrastructure, pharma, technology and communication. Guests will include leaders from both business and political spheres of India and sub-Saharan Africa.
IMC Chamber of Commerce and Industry (IMC) and Africa Business News (CNBC Africa) are organizing the event together, which will be free to attend.
“Our mission is to enhance ties to 100*100 matrix by 2025, ie, A target of 100 billion USD of bilateral trade and 100 billion USD of Investment between India and Africa.”
“Our mission is to enhance ties to 100*100 matrix by 2025, ie, A target of 100 billion USD of bilateral trade and 100 billion USD of Investment between India and Africa,” said Rajiv Podar, President; IMC.
“Africa is home to some of the fasted growing economies of the world offering promising investment opportunities in high growth sectors like pharma, banking and finance, infrastructure and digital communication. The 3-day Indo Africa Virtual Summit from November 4 to 6, 2020 to be broadcasted live on CNBC Africa, will discuss such opportunities,” said Madhusudan Agrawal, Chairman; Summit Organising Committee.
The combined market of India and sub-Saharan Africa is 2.5 billion people and a GDP totalling $5.5 trillion. The Summit hopes that, by sharing experiences and evaluating opportunities, new trade and investment potential between these two continents will be discovered. This in turn will stimulate economic growth and job creation – both of which are sorely needed post-lockdown.
Indo Africa Summit 2020 Speakers
Some of the leading panel of speakers include:
- Busi Mabuza – Chairperson IDC, Chairperson Brics South Africa
- Mr Amitabh Kant, CEO of NITI Aayog
- Stavros Nicolaou – Senior Executive: Strategic Trade: Aspen Pharmacare
- Shri Yogesh Agrawal – Managing Director, Ajanta Pharma Limited
- Shri David Rasquinha – Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, Export-Import Bank of India
- Shri Sanjeev Agarwal – Executive Director (International Business), KEC International Limited
- Shri Manoj Kanodia – CEO, Inspira Enterprise Pvt. Ltd.
- Shri Tanmoy Chakrabarty – Group Government Affairs Officer, Tata Sons Private Limited
- Sanjeev Gupta – Executive Director, Financial Services and a Member of the Board of Africa Finance Corporation’s (“AFC”)
- Mduduzi Mbada – Head of Policy; Gauteng Office of the Premier
Indo Africa Summit 2020 Inauguration Guests
Dr Amina Mohamed – Kenyan lawyer, diplomat and politician
Indo Africa Summit 2020 Programme
Wednesday, 4 November
1pm: Inauguration / Opening Ceremony
2pm: The changing landscape of Indo African geopolitics
3pm: Expansion of trade – An economic overview
Thursday, 5 November
1pm: Big Pharma – Innovation and new business models
2pm: Banking and finance – Digital inclusion
Friday, 6 November
1pm: Infrastructure – Paving the way for expanded trade
2pm: Opportunities for collaboration in digital and communication
IndoAfrica2020 will also offer various networking opportunities throughout the three-day event.
To register, click here.