For the fifth consecutive year, FCM Travel Solutions was named Africa’s Leading Travel Management Company at the prestigious World Travel Awards. The accolade has been made all the more meaningful given the challenges that the global pandemic has caused the travel sector this year.
Despite the many challenges faced in 2020, FCM has proven its resilience. Some of its notable achievements include:
- Winning a record amount of new business globally with total projected annual spend (pre-COVID) of €1,1 billion (R20,5bn).
- Supporting existing cutomers with adapted travel programmes for the post-pandemic era.
- Boosting their duty of care support to address the new concerns the pandemic has created. This has included the launch of Traveller Hub, an interactive resource with extensive up-to-date Covid-19 travel information.
- Onboarding over 60 new global customers who are ready to resume booking business travel as soon as border restrictions and quarantine rules are eased.
- Welcoming over ten new client implementations across Africa during the pandemic.
“In a year where we’ve seen a global pandemic bring the business travel sector to its knees, this award truly is an accolade for our whole team.”
Bonnie Smith, GM FCM South Africa, reacted to the news saying: “We are proud and humbled to win this award. In a year where we’ve seen a global pandemic bring the business travel sector to its knees, this award truly is an accolade for our whole team who have worked incredibly hard to uphold the exceptional travel management services, professionalism and value of our brand. FCM Africa has demonstrated its importance to our existing and new customers over the last eight months and to those companies that have been keen to consolidate travel programmes for the first time in the region, seeking improved services and technology relevant in today’s pandemic.”