- This event has passed.
Skift’s Online Travel and Distribution Summit
February 17 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The highly-competitive online travel market and its brands have been one of the most disruptive forces in travel, sparking digital transformation, spurring consumer demand, and impacting all sectors of the industry.
With all eyes on Airbnb as a newly-minted public company, metasearch companies acting like online travel agencies, airlines launching lifestyle booking platforms, and online travel agencies resetting strategies to emerge even stronger post-crisis, the coming year will see no shortage of headlines and shifts in online travel.
This summit is not-to-be-missed for professionals across the industry as Skift editors and research analysts dive into the most consequential companies, leaders, and game-changers across the online travel landscape as leaders from across online travel, distribution, and digital booking reveal how they are Creating Travel’s New Economy in 2021 and beyond by answering the big questions facing this sector:
- How will online travel agencies bounce back?
- Who will likely IPO or be acquired in 2021?
- What is the role of metasearch and does it still have the clout it once did?
- Who are the upstarts that might dethrone the giants?
- How can we learn from China’s growth and innovations in distribution?
- What’s the outlook and strategy now for big GDS companies?
- What are the marketing challenges facing online travel agencies and metasearch engines coming out of the pandemic?
- Has the pandemic led to a deeper de-commoditization of supply?
- What do hotels want from distribution now and what’s the right mix?
- Has airline distribution entered a new era?
- Does the pandemic bring us back towards distribution, or have suppliers mastered direct?