ATTA, the African Travel & Tourism Association, has released the results of its 2021 Travel Recovery SnapShot survey.
The key takeaways from the survey show:
- The Domestic Market was key for accommodation providers with the bulk of bookings being made direct.
- Lead-in times for bookings were either last-minute (both domestic and international) or 6 – 12 months in advance (international).
- Bookings are challenging to convert and flexibility for all parties is key.
- Top 3 international markets are:
3. Continental Europe (specifically Germany)
- Top 3 destinations featuring in enquiries are:
2. Tanzania & South Africa (Equally)
- Travel to Africa is in demand but confidence of actually travelling remains 50/50
You can download the full survey here.