There are creative ways around a limited budget. If you’re on a tight budget the focus needs to be on touch points. You can incorporate clever, thrifty ideas into existing elements like giving the welcome cocktails a fun name.
You don’t need the world’s best band but a beautiful starter plated on exquisite crockery with a clever message creates an interesting element. A blackboard, with handwritten communication, or a fabulous soundscape, telling the story of the company, are different, yet effective, ways to enhance the event.
Other fun ideas include:
• Young, up-and-coming local performers can provide superb entertainment for a fraction of the cost of big-name performers or international stars.
• Get creative with the schedule – you may be able to negotiate a lower entertainment rate if the performance or service provided isn’t happening during peak hours or on popular days. Consider featuring entertainment during the day or on weekdays.
• A DJ offfers really good value for money and will play for as long ,or as short, a time as required.
• Set up a photo booth.
• Hire a portrait artist.
• Have a murder mystery theme.
• Provide a game room with billiards and air hockey.
• Arrange a culinary demonstration.
• Provide outdoor games such as bocce or croquet.