Blandford Manor is a beautiful Old English estate and Manor House established along the banks of the Olienhoutpoort River in the northern suburbs of Johannesburg.
The large 10 acre gardens are internationally registered at Kew in the United Kingdom (Botanical Gardens Conservation International) as Botanical gardens. As such, the Blandford Manor gardens are one of only 14 registered botanical gardens in South Africa and only slightly more than 700 registered gardens in 118 countries around the world.
Conveniently situated on the doorstep of both Randburg and Sandton, and within striking distance of Lanseria Airport, Blandford Manor offers you a peaceful and beautiful country setting with modern amenities and top class facilities.
SpacesBlandford Manor specialise in conferences, our modern, well equipped venues range from a small 8-seater boardroom to a 300-seater theater. All our large, airy and comfortable rooms have extensive natural lighting with block-out curtains. Secure off-road parking is provided at no extra cost – parking is monitored by a guard and CCTV cameras. Parking is available for up to 200 cars, bus access is also catered for.
Catering for conferences is as follows:
- Tea (various blends) and coffee (including decaffeinated) are available all day
- Continental breakfast with rusks on arrival
- Savoury or sweet snack mid-morning
- Chef’s choice buffet lunch
- Biscuits mid-afternoon (full day conferences only)
In your room you will find the following:
- Jugs of ice cold water
- Wrapped mints and sweets
Beverages will be made available to you during lunch however these are for your own account
Notes regarding catering:
The continental breakfast provided on arrival includes:
- Fresh fruit
- Rusks (Day1, substituted by muffins or Danish on subsequent days)
- Fruit juice (Sir Juice)
Note: A full English hot and cold buffet breakfast can be provided on arrival (for groups of more than 20 delegates) in place of the continental breakfast– surcharge R45 pp
Mid morning break – individually wrapped biscuits with your tea, coffee
The Chef’s Choice buffet lunch typically consists of:
- Freshly prepared soup in cold weather
- Selection of salads
- Three main dishes – red meat (lamb or beef), white meat (chicken or fish) and a vegetarian dish served with a starch, plus vegetables
- Main courses a range of roasts and casseroles
- Choice of 3 desserts
Mid afternoon break: A savoury snack to enjoy with your tea and coffee
Should you have delegates with special dietary requirements such as vegetarian, vegan, Gluten free etc, please ensure that we are advised at least 2 days in advance, vegetarian options are always available on the buffet – note when a separate dish must be prepared for your delegate (on request) then a surcharge applies (typically R100)
Strict Halaal and Kosher meals must be ordered from external providers, please advise requirements at least 3 days in advance – a surcharge applies for these meals (typically around R220 pp plus delivery). Please note that we endeavour to order from reputable suppliers but take no responsibility for the quality or delivery of meals from these suppliers.
All our conference facilities include:
- Modern and attractive Saligna top conference table
- Motorised screens
- Data projector
- Sound system with large speakers suitable for playing sound from your laptop or a CD/DVD player
- White board
- Flip chart with pens and pads
- Delegate pads and pens (day 1 of your conference)
- WiFi – please ask for the access code