City Lodge Hotel Group has taken the guesswork out of planning a romantic evening with your special someone this Valentine’s Day, with the following packages:
Courtyard Hotels: From just R1 599 per night for one night’s accommodation for two people sharing and a romantic three-course dinner for two. Valid at Courtyard Hotel Sandton and Port Elizabeth only.
City Lodge Hotels: From just R1 449 per night for one night’s accommodation for two people sharing and a romantic three-course dinner for two. Valid at City Lodge Hotel Durban, Fourways, GrandWest, Johannesburg Airport: Barbara Road, Lynnwood, Newtown, Umhlanga Ridge, V&A Waterfront and Waterfall City only.
Town Lodges: From just R959 per night for one night’s accommodation for two people sharing and a romantic picnic box for two. Valid at Town Lodge Bellville, Mbombela, Menlo Park, Polokwane, Roodepoort and Umhlanga only.
Guests may book the Valentine’s Day dinner or picnic box only, without reserving overnight accommodation, at the prices listed with the menus below.
Menus on offer:
Courtyard Hotels (R350 per person if not included in accommodation rate):
- Starters: Oysters tempura in crispy tempura batter served with an apricot purée; OR salmon crudo with cucumber ribbons, rocket, passion fruit dressing and butternut spaghetti; OR grilled halloumi and avocado bruschetta served with young, fresh microgreens, toasted pumpkin seeds, sprouts and a honey and mustard dressing
- Soup: Soup of the day
- Mains: Pea and watercress pesto pasta, with a choice of penne or zucchini noodles, with watercress, lemon zest, walnuts and pecorino cheese; OR catch of the day, steamed or grilled fish with curried mussels and carrots; OR grilled BBQ ribs, sweet and sticky basted, served with minted pea mashed potato and seasonal market root vegetables
- Desserts: Peppermint crisp tart OR gourmet cake of the day
City Lodge Hotels (R350 per person if not included in accommodation rate):
- Starters: Smoked salmon trout and creamy avocado salad, consisting of smoked salmon trout with creamy avocado, young fresh greens and garnished with a selection of seeds, sprouts and a yoghurt and herb dressing; OR grilled halloumi and avocado bruschetta, with grilled halloumi served with avocado, young fresh microgreens, toasted pumpkin seeds, sprouts and a honey and mustard dressing
- Soup: Soup of the day, served with freshly baked bread rolls and butter
- Mains: Coriander lentil paneer bowl, consisting of lentils, bean sprouts, sliced radish, sweet pickled red onion, pickled ginger and coriander; OR grilled BBQ ribs, sweet and sticky basted, served with minted pea mashed potato and seasonal market root vegetables
- Desserts: New York baked cheesecake, consisting of thick cream cheese blended with smooth creme fraiche, baked to perfection on a thin, short breadcrumb base; OR gourmet cake of the day
Town Lodges (R310 per box if not included in accommodation rate):
- Chicken liver pâté and hummus
- Traditional caprese salad
- Charcuterie and fromage selection (this is fancy speak for cold meats and cheese)
- Freshly baked baguette and wheat crackers
- Market fresh strawberries and grapes
- Petit carrot cake and scarlet red velvet cake
- Sparkling Appletiser
The offer may be booked via telephone or email reservation at the participating hotels, or by walk-in guests, and may also be booked online at www.clhg.com by selecting the ‘My Valentine’ rate.
The rates include a room for two people sharing for one night plus a three-course plated dinner at participating Courtyard Hotels and City Lodge Hotels or a picnic box at Town Lodges. The offer is only valid for Saturday, 13 February 2021, subject to availability, and may not be used in conjunction with any other specials or negotiated rates. Rates include VAT and tourism levy and are net and non-commissionable.
Once guests have booked, there will be a link on the confirmation form which guests may click on to add special Valentine’s Day room drops to their package, with a selection of items such as flowers and chocolates.
Guests and diners may rest assured that all City Lodge Hotel Group properties follow strict health, hygiene and safety protocols to prevent the spread of Covid-19, an outline of which may be found at www.clhg.com. The group’s hotels uphold world class standards in this regard, as recognised by its World Travel & Tourism Council Safe Travels accreditation.